Research shows the benefits of exercise and physical activity go beyond just physical well-being. Adults should do at least 150 minutes (2 1/2 hours) a week of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise, according to the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
Share this infographic to help spread the word about some of the benefits of regular exercise. Click on the social media icons above, or copy and paste the URL and post it to your account (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Copy and paste these messages into social media to help spread the word about the benefits of exercise and physical activity:
- Feeling down lately? Try exercise! Exercise has many mental benefits, including reducing feelings of depression and improving overall mood. Share this @NIHAging infographic to help spread the word: https://go.nia.nih.gov/3kwP283.
- #Exercise isn’t just good for your physical health, but it is also great for your mental health! Share this @NIHAging infographic to spread the word about the mental benefits of regular exercise and physical activity: https://go.nia.nih.gov/3H98i3b.
The Mental Health Benefits of Exercise and Physical Activity
Have you been feeling down lately? Try exercising to help improve your mood! Exercise can:
- Reduce feelings of depression and stress
- Enhance your mood and overall emotional well-being
- Increase your energy level
- Improve sleep
Learn more about the benefits of exercise.
source By https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/infographics/mental-health-benefits-exercise-and-physical-activity